The Children’s Museum of Phoenix is a wondrous place of imagination, inspiration, creativity and just plain fun! Designed for children ages birth to 10, this is not your typical Museum…here we want you to touch EVERYTHING! And with over 48,000 square feet of space, there’s plenty to touch.
The Museum offers more than 300 play experiences, spread throughout three floors in the magnificent and historic Monroe School Building.
In addition, we offer a diverse range of classes and programs – from music and yoga, to math and science, and our Art Studio is a budding artist’s dream come true!
You can find us in the heart of downtown Phoenix on the SE corner of 7th Street and Van Buren in the historic Monroe School Building.
The Children’s Museum of Phoenix is a proud recipient of many awards including Parents Magazine’s 2011 Top 10 Children’s Museums in the Country designation.
The Children’s Museum of Phoenix Board of Directors and Staff are guided by the following core values:
The Experience: Staff, facility, programs and exhibits
- Promotes learning through play in a child focused environment for ages 0-10.
- Maintains high standards for functionality of their area.
- Enhances a caregiver’s understanding of the role they play in the development of children.
Engaged, friendly, respectful, fun, service
- Builds partnerships to integrate all areas of the company.
- Ensures all teams in their group offer a great visitor experience and proactively engage visitors.
- Ensures all teams in their group are continuously improving their customer service skills.
Great business practices
- Recruits, trains and develops a high performing workforce.
- Ensures managers and staff are performing their core roles.
- Drives revenue, support, and visitation in their area by ensuring teams are utilizing all best practices.
- Uses all available resources to solve problems at the root to ensure a consistent, positive, visitor experience.
- Ensures a workplace culture that is collaborative, diverse and dynamic.
- Maintains high standards for the safety and appearance of the Museum environment.
- Ensures that all staff makes eco-minded choices.
- Promote an environment to allow visitors to be safe, have fun, and try new things.
- Ensures an emotional/psychologically safe environment.
Distinctive, consistent, exceptional, museum brand
- Ensures the importance of a traditionally and non-traditionally beautiful, artistic, aesthetic that utilizes eco-minded, simple, imaginative materials.
- No permanent commercialism.
- Maintain access for all economic levels.
- Community minded